Long hours of staring at the screen continuously are one of the main reasons for neck pain, especially now that work from home is a thing. On the other hand, it is believed that some 10% of the world population suffers from neck pain at a time. So, if you are one of them, you need not worry. The right tools and some techniques will help you get over this pain and get your daily tasks done with ease. We have reviewed some of the best neck massagers for 2022 and also discussed certain benefits and techniques to overcome neck pain.
What’s so good about neck massagers is that you do not need to fix an appointment with some therapist or visit a spa. All you need to do is to get the right neck massager and overcome your pain at home. On the upside, these massage tools for neck are pretty affordable.
Best Neck Massager 2022
- HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe
- InvoSpa Shiatsu Neck Massager
- QUINEAR Massage Gun
- Zyllion Shiatsu Neck Massager
- RESTECK Massager for Neck
- MagicHands truShiatsu Neck Massager
- HoMedics Percussion Action Massager
- Snailax Cordless Handheld Massager
- RENPHO Rechargeable Handheld
- SereneLife Electric Neck Massager
- LuxFit Neck Massager
- SMTALY Intelligent
Neck Massage and Pain Avoidance Techniques
Before we start with what the best neck massagers are, let’s dig deep into how one can avoid neck pain and then what are the best techniques to overcome neck pain.
Neck Pain Prevention
You can easily avoid neck pain and you won’t need to get into all the details about massage techniques and buying a massager for it. These are basic things, by following these you would feel just fine and there won’t be any muscle pains, let alone your neck.
- Good Sleeping Position: One of the very common cause of neck pain is the way you sleep. All you have to do is to sleep in such a position that your neck and head are aligned, also make sure you use a relevantly small pillow. And you can further correct your sleeping position if sleep straight on your back and keep a pillow or something elevated under your legs.
- Good Posture: Another way of avoiding unnecessary neck pain is keeping a good posture, you have sit straight, stand straight and walk straight. If you sit with your back and shoulders bent over, then it’s time to get things in order. A more better way of solving this issue can be using a good posture corrector.
- Working in Segments: Taking a break from any work you do is good technique for avoiding neck pain. Not only sitting job, but any other job put strain on your muscles and so it is good to take small breaks in-between tasks. Or much better would it be, if you are able to switch between tasks and don’t work on the same task for a long period.
- Monitor & Chair Adjustment: For those whose job is sit all day at your desk and stare at the screen, it is good to adjust it in such a way so that he screen is directly ahead of your eye level. This way, you do not need to bend or move your neck a lot and so no neck pain will ever come near you.
Neck Massage Techniques
To every problem, we humans have created numerous solutions and same happens here. There are numerous ways of neck massage, each of which comes with its own benefits. So, before getting to know what massager you need, it is important to know the types of neck massages. This way you will be able to wisely choose a best neck massager for you because almost all of them are based on the techniques we will be discussing here.
- Deep Tissue Kneading: This massage technique is applied just the way it sounds. We all are familiar with kneading or bread or dough. By using this technique, force is applied through our outer soft tissues to the inner bones. It feels a bit harsh when in action, but later on you will enjoying totally fresh and strong muscles. This method is beneficial for better flexibility and proper blood movement inside our body.
- Shiatsu Massage: This is one of the most famous massage techniques and it comes from Japan. In this method, thumbs or fingers are used to apply pressure at points which will result in removal of pain and relaxation of muscles. Most electric neck massagers are manufactured based on this technique, they are efficient and won’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- Heat & Vibration: These two should not be referred as specific massage techniques, however several neck massagers use this mechanism, you will find such machine in the reviews below. Some neck massagers come with heati9ng pads where heat is applied to your neck and so this helps the muscles to relax and give way to proper blood flow. In addition, some neck massagers are basically vibrators, which when used on the back of your neck and can give you instant relief from pain and result in a better blood flow
Benefits of Neck Massage
Most of use, do not give proper attention to minor neck pain which can later on become a catastrophe. Here is what benefits neck massage brings with it. Just so you,, it is good to go for an electric neck massager instead of waiting for your pain to disappear itself.
Neck and shoulders are the upper parts of body. The upper part of body is mostly stressed when you exercise a lot, sleep the wrong way or sit at your job for a very long time. Proper neck and shoulder massage will make sure you upper body is intact, relaxed and so your posture will never go out of shape.
A good neck massage will make sure your back and upper body is relaxed and is the way it should be. By doing so, you will e able to get proper sleep because most people can’t sleep for long hours because with problems in their back, neck and shoulders.
No More Headaches
Not all headaches are the same, some occur from you getting out of your routine while other may occur by having disorderly food. One of the reasons for headaches is contraction of head and neck muscles. Now, a neck massager will make sure there is no contraction in your muscles and so you will be relieved from most of your headaches.
Better Blood Flow
The stimulation of muscles give way for an increased blood circulation. When this happens, more than usual oxygen and nutrients are supplied to your muscles which results in re-building of muscles. This of course is what you need after working long hours non-stop.
Who does not care for a good active body in order to carry out all your errands without getting tired. Well, neck massage can be beneficial in many other ways, one of which is you will spend a good day without getting tired. Your posture will be upright, you will feel better mobility in your shoulders and throwing a baseball will be a piece of cake.
Best Neck Massager Reviews 2022
1. HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe
Similar to what happens in a shiatsu massage, the HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe comes with nodes which rotate at points on your neck to give you a good massage. It goes all over your shoulder starting from neck. The design of the best shiatsu neck massager is made in order to give you a relaxing feel all over and does not annoy you at all. The way it is framed makes it flexible, so there are no issues regarding the size of it, all you have to is to wear it and it will automatically. As for how it works, you can turn it on, wear it and lie back and then it will do the rest. Also, it comes with auto-shut after 15 minutes in case you go to sleep. Besides, it comes with 3 different speeds so you can go for what you like the most and also there is a heating feature which you can use on demand.
2. InvoSpa Shiatsu Neck Massager
Another best neck and shoulder massager based on shiatsu technique is the InvoSpa Massager. It comes with 8 different nodes which mimic the way a human thumb will do the massage. 4 out of these nodes are small and nodes change direction every minute so as to make you feel is someone real is doing all the work. It comes in black color and is portable enough to be carried anywhere you go. More, it is not a simple massager rather a best neck massager with heat. You can easily turn the heat function on and feel all the relaxation in world at your neck. The handling are for your hands is what makes it even more comfortable, this way you can make sure the nodes are at the right place and they stay their throughout the massaging.
Also Read: Best foot massager
3. QUINEAR Massage Gun
With an ergonomic design, 20 speed variations and 6 different massage heads, the QUINEAR Massage Gun is a fine choice for those with neck pain problems. What it really does is relieve massage soreness and help you start over again with all your work. This best neck massager works on the deep tissue massage technique and so is a good option to go for. Besides, it is a quiet one and it automatically reduces the heat which the machine produces so that you can use it for long intervals. Also, the neck massager operates wireless and turns OFF itself after10 minutes which enables you to have track of howling you used the massager.
4. Zyllion Shiatsu Neck Massager
What’s so good about this neck massager is that it is shaped like a pillow. This frees you from all the long covers and sides which traditional shiatsu massager comes with and neither does it take lots of space when packing it. Its slim design makes it possible for you to carry it anywhere on your journey. As you know by now, this best neck massager is based on the famous shiatsu technique and has heating option. You can use it for other parts of your body besides your neck like, shoulders, back and legs etc. The heat feature has auto-shut after 20 minutes and even better is the fact that when the working temperature is exceeded, it will shut off automatically for your safety.
5. RESTECK Massager for Neck
RESTECK neck massager is the best way to get rid of you neck pain in style. It is one of the best neck and back massager which comes in unisex color, so is usable by all. Besides, you get a carrying bag with it which make it even more attractive. Besides the basic shiatsu style massage which of course it is best at, what really makes it worth is the fact that you get both wall and car adapter with it. So you can use it anywhere on the go. Also, the design of it does not restrict it to neck only, in fact you can use it for your shoulders, abdomen and legs as well. And but not the least, on the left of it are its operation button using which you can regulate the heating option and do much more.
6. MagicHands truShiatsu Neck Massager
MagicHands truShiatsu comes with higher price tag compared to other electric shiatsu neck massagers. But the high price is not for no reason, it is because this massager excels in both performance and design compared to others. Had it been a bit affordable, it would have been our top choice. First of all, you can get one of these out of the three available colors which are red, blue and green. Then is the fact that the bans of it are designed in such a way that it becomes much more comfortable than other neck massagers with this design. Also, the material used is long lasting and comfortable. Speaking of its efficiency, the massager nodes this best neck and shoulder massager mimic the movement of natural hand and thumbs very accurately, at times you forget if your are being treated by an electric massager or a real trainer shiatsu massager.
7. HoMedics Percussion Action Massager
HoMedics Percussion is a kneading style massager which comes in a handheld like shape, so it is a handheld massager. Apart from its efficiency which we wills speak of later, the design of it is insane. It simply make it a lot easier for you to reach out any part of your body, especially the neck. Now speaking of performance, this massager here comes with two massage heads which do their work in kneading style and so you are free from your neck pain easily. Besides, the massager is lightweight and portable, so carrying it on journeys is a thing. Also, you can control the massage speed on it, which obviously is a good customization option for all of us.
8. Snailax Cordless Handheld Massager
Our next best massager for neck is based on a vibration motor. Unlike other popular neck massagers it is not based on the shiatsu technique, but the vibration motor on it does a lot in order to relieve from pain and sore muscles. Four things which actually sets apart this massager from others are its portable nature, its cordless use, the versatile use because of multiple heads and its ease of use. These different heads and speeds, make it good for almost all parts of your body. Also, the battery on it gives around 80 minutes of backup after full charge. So, portability, efficiency and a great design is what brings this among the neck massage reviews.
9. RENPHO Rechargeable Handheld Deep Massager
Next up, the RENPHO rechargeable massager is considered to be the best back and neck massager for many reasons. The fact that it has a vast consumer base, makes one think about what would be so good about it. First off, this best cordless neck massager gives you a backup of around 140 minutes which is huge. So, you can take it around anywhere, to office, home or a park and take full benefits out of it. Moreover, the design of it makes it easy to use. You can control the speed of it and also switch between different massage mode. Also, another thing which sets is apart from other massagers is the handle grip, the massager never gets out of your hand. And last but not the least, you get one point, three point, round and curved heads with it which work good for different parts of your body.
10. SereneLife Electric Neck Massager
Another best massager for neck pain comes from SereneLife. It is portable, small in size, nicely efficient and on top of all this it comes with a battery on it, so it’s a cordless one. Speaking of its minimal nature, this neck massager is what you will love because one can carry it in a backpack. But it also brings with it some drawbacks, one of the main of which is that the massager is restricted to your neck only, no other body part can be treated with it. Apart from this, you will feel very relaxed after using the massager and its heat option. Additionally, it comes with a remote control and an LCD on it, and obviously a little touch of technological advancement is always appreciated.
11. LuxFit Neck Massager
LuxFit Neck Massager is not a massager per se, rather a tool for dealing with sore muscles from different parts of your body. It’s a folded rod having massage node which are ball like in shape. You will have to manually place it on your neck and other part of your body and then apply pressure accordingly. One thing that this neck pain massager brings with it is targeting, you always know how much pressure your muscle needs and you apply it accordingly. Now obviously, this thing requires some hard work and but rest assured, its results are awesome.
12. SMTALY Intelligent Neck Massager
This fancy looking neck massager comes is good shape and design. In your first look you will notice that it is very much different from other neck massagers which you usually see around. Now the design of it is not the only thing which is new, in fact it comes with other features and mechanisms which makes it one of the best neck massagers around. On the inside, the massage uses TENS low frequency therapy which is all about releasing tension using magnetic mechanisms. This leaves you with no pain and tiredness. For controls, you can do it from a smartphone app and it even has heating features which is even better in winters.
So, as discussed earlier, most people do not pay attention to pain in muscles around your neck, shoulders or back. This sort of pain, when left untreated can later on result in something big. For this, it is good to have a neck massager around every time, you can get rid of all your neck pain in minutes after using any neck massager. Our best neck massagers 2022 reviewed above come with all the qualities and design features one would want, Good Luck with the therapy!